|Other Names, etc.||Nii-chan (Saya)|
|Height||184 cm (6'0")|
|Relatives, etc.||Saya (Younger Sister)
|Grade||Year 1 Class F|
|Anime debut||Episode 1|
|Japanese voice||Hosoya Yoshimasa|
Oota is tall with long, light-brown hair, which is always kept in a neat ponytail at the back of his head. He looks very mature for his age. He has two pieces of hair that are left out of his ponytail; each brushed to different sides of his face. He is never drawn with any discernible iris colour. He seems to be strong, since he is able to carry Tanaka about their school without any issue, and is able to do other difficult tasks. He occasionally looks menacing, but his personality contradicts this.
He is serious and kind, and doesn't seem to be able to leave his good friend, Tanaka, alone. Oota is pretty much Tanaka's caretaker, always assisting him with different school activities, making sure he gets places on time, and even carrying him when necessary. He is very capable and responsible, and with that, everything Tanaka needs. Tanaka often states "you would be a good wife" to him. Oota seems to jump to conclusions relatively quickly. He seems to be patient at times. He is an optimist, and is always encouraging people no matter the circumstances.
- Oota (太田?) means "big", "thick", "huge" + "rice paddy". Together meaning "Big rice paddy".
- Both his name and Tanaka's are a play or pun on each other. Tanaka (田中?) means "dwelling in a rice paddy", which refers to Oota and how Tanaka is dependent on Oota, as well as having him carry him around.
- Contrary to his mature personality, Oota has a great fondness for sweets. He has shown to become angry when sweets are wasted such as when Miyano told him that Echizen had let her homemade cookies go bad.
- He enjoys cleaning.
- Despite his appearance and personality, Oota is afraid of ghosts.
- He's really strong and fast because of carrying Tanaka all day
- His father died and that's the reason why he never spends more than 3000 yen per month. He doesn't want to be a burden to his mom.
- He uses Saya’s scrunchie to tie his hair up in the morning when washing his face.